Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Yet Another Downtime System

I needed a downtime system and looking around I didn't find one simple enough for my tastes, so I whipped up my own. I condensed downtime into its simplest classic elements, and structured it in such a way that I can roll a d6 to randomly determine activities and living costs if desired.

1. Carouse: Blow all cash and convert directly to XP+10%.
2. Make Friends: Roll NPC reaction. On a neutral reaction, reroll but with incentive or fail.
3. Find Rumors: Find d6 rumors.
4. Investment: Gain a +1 on investment related rolls for every d6*1000 gold invested.
5. Thievery: Roll d6. 1=Trouble with the law. 2-5=Fail. 6=Success, get random loot.
6. Unique: Roll a random encounter (or reroll).

Living Costs:
1. Poverty: d6/10 GP
2. Middling: d6 GP
3. Wealthy: d6 x 10 GP
*If you can't afford any of the options, roll a d6. On a 1-5, you are imprisoned. On a 6, you manage to avoid guards and scrape by on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment